Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Courageous Nervousness and A Wide Range of Radness

Worst Date Story – Entry 10
(Sometimes, the picture just matches perfectly. And sometimes, the picture just makes me laugh hard enough that I have to choose it even if it doesn't.)
So, I have this friend who was dating this girl for some time. They both really liked each other, but he still hadn’t made the move to kiss her. Now, when I say he had dated her for some time, I actually mean a really long time. Like, a year long. I know, I know, you are all thinking “Really?” And the answer is yes. You see my friend was really nervous to kiss this girl and when he gets nervous, he gets sick.
Finally, he decides he has waited long enough. Finally, he is going to make a move. This Friday "Finally" will happen after an amazing date.
The date goes as planned, everything is picture perfect. He drives her home at the end of the night and parks in front of her apartment. He knows he can't back down. They talk for a while, and even though he is terrified, my friend moves in and kisses her. There were sparks, but maybe a few too many because the guy, immediately after the kiss, opens his door and loses it. His date is apparently the sympathetic type because upon seeing him throw up, she opens her door and loses it as well. So, the ending to the perfect date wasn’t quite so perfect, but they still did continue dating.
I know what question is burning in your mind, and no we - I mean they - did not end up kissing again THAT night.

Best Date – Entry J
I had a friend who I had been hanging out with a lot, but totally didn't think of him in a romantic way.  He shocked me one day by asking me out on a date.  He's a way cool guy, so I was down to try it.  When he picked me up, our first stop was GenX where we picked up 100% cotton shirts and perused all the fly fashions GenX has to offer.  We went back to his place and thought of t-shirts we wanted to make.  He and his roommate helped me think of one from one of my favorite songs by the Beastie Boys (my favorite, a fact that he loved).  His said I am the walrus.  We printed out the words then make a stencil out of them with an exacto knife, then sprayed bleach through the stencils to make totally rad shirts.  While we were waiting for them to dry we ate burritos at Diego's, then stopped by our good friend's soccer game.  The next day I went over to his house to pick up my shirt (and the rest of my burrito, I think....), and there was a red rose sitting on his kitchen table.  I loved my shirt so much and while I admired it, he motioned to the rose and said "that's for you, by the way."  It was the sweetest thing ever.  My first ever spontaneous flowers from a man.  

No comments:

Post a Comment