Friday, September 17, 2010

Some Examples



Worst Date Example
By far, the worst date I have been on at BYU was one where I didn’t even know we were going on a date. In my last ward, I served with a guy whom we will call Jeff on an activities committee. We needed to get together to discuss ideas, and he asked right before we were supposed to meet if we could go get something to eat as part of the meeting because he was just getting off work and he was starving. I agreed, he picked me up, and then we went to get some hamburgers. Jeff offered to pay but I insisted on paying for my own. As we began to eat, I pulled out my nifty binder to discuss plans for the ward activities. He just looked at me weird. Then, he put down his hamburger and told me, “The real reason I wanted to come here with you is because I wanted to ask you on a date but didn’t know how.” I was surprised and responded, “I am flattered, but I already have a boyfriend.” He then furthered to amaze me by responding, “I know.” He then tried to convince me to dump my boyfriend so we could date. I was not impressed to say the least.



Best Date Example
The best date I have been on at BYU was last year. The guy who took me figured out what to do before hand, based on previous conversations.  We first went to the BYU men’s volleyball game because he knows I played in high school and that I love to watch it. Afterward, he took me salsa dancing because I had said once that I really enjoy dancing. Then, we went and got my favorite flavor of ice cream (which again, he knew already) and we just talked. It was so much fun, and I couldn’t believe how thoughtful he was. Then to top it all off, the next day he wrote me a short but sweet note and left it on my doorstep attached to my favorite candy. 

1 comment:

  1. Like the blog! There are definitely plenty or good AND crazy dating stories at BYU :)

    ReplyDelete