Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Doubling with Daddy & Better Bowling

Worst Date - Entry 3
It all started when I received a text while I was at work from a friend in my BYU ward that we'll call "Joe". In his text, Joe stated that his parents were in town and wanted to meet his friends. He followed this by telling me that everyone was going to dinner that evening at a local restaurant and that his parents would be paying and that he wanted me to come meet his parents. Assuming this was just a group party for Joe's parents to meet all his friends, I consented and asked where I should meet them. He insisted that he would come pick me up at the appointed time. I thought this was a little weird since it was a group activity, but again agreed to the offer. Joe rang my doorbell at the appointed pick-up time, and we began to walk out to the parking lot. When we got closer to the car, I saw two people get out. They were his parents. I was still fine with this, until we were driving to the restaurant and it became apparent that this was NOT a group activity of friends--this was a double date with his parents. Needless to say, it was awkward. I wasn't expecting to be on a date at all, but I played it out calmly (as well as I could) and tried to carry on with friendly conversation. It also became very apparent that Joe's dad was trying to convince me to date his son. Let's just say that Joe didn't exactly leave the best impression with me by the end of the night and I never went on a date with him again! (A few tips for other single guys looking for a girl: 1) NEVER ask a girl out (especially for the first date) through a text. 2) Try to let the girl know when you ask her that IT'S A DATE! 3) Don't go on a double date with your parents for the first date!)
Best Date - Entry C







Here are some group dates that my friends and I have done.

Fun date idea: Go to a bowling alley and have everyone write down crazy and ridiculous things that have to be done while bowling; for example: blindfolded, bowl with an Asian, critique someone in another alley on their bowling, ask an attendant for tips, cheer for a random person, spin around twenty times before, piggy back, steal a bowling ball from a stranger’s alley, or go as far down the alley as possible without getting caught. Each person pulls the slip out of a hat. Don’t forget to give everyone crazy bowling names.


Other idea: Make flour bombs by cutting up nylon/pantyhose and tie one end. Fill it up with flour and tie the other end to close it. Have your dates wear dark clothes and go to the canyon to play flour bomb wars. You can play capture the flag, kick the bucket, free for all, or any other game but do it before dark because it’s hard to find the flour bombs once they’ve been thrown in the dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment