Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Little Too High and Reverse Trick-or-Treating





Worst Date – Entry 18
My friend wanted to set me up with her cousin who lived in a neighboring city, so we were going to double. She did warn me that her cousin was a little on the inactive side but I wasn't too worried. We met them to go bowling where we discovered that her date was actually a cousin too :) That's just the beginning, it definitely gets better. We then went and got food at Training Table, and aside from the fact that I'm intruding on a family get-together, the date was going pretty well. My date was pretty cute and way nice. Plans continued and we decided to go watch a movie at my date’s house. For some reason the girls were driving in one car and the guys were driving in another. We got lost along the way and after 30 minutes, our dates had to come meet us at some random Arby’s. We met them there where we planned to switch cars so the girls would be with their dates, but instead a third guy (dubbed Mike for the story) joined the group and I got booted to the other car with my friend and her date/cousin whom we will call Joe. I was a little confused at who this random guy was, but then Joe preceded to tell us that while we were driving around lost they went over to Mike's house where he and my date decided it'd be a good idea to…snort cocaine?! I’m not sure who came up with that genius plan. Instead of going to my date’s home to watch a movie, the guys decide to take us a local theatre instead. While in the theatre, my date sat in-between Mike and I. The whole time, I am not quite sure what to do because I can honestly say I'd never been out with someone that was high before. During the movie, my date was pretty talkative and tried to put the moves on me once or twice. The movie ended and we said our farewells and the genders split again. Needless to say, I decided to opt out of a second date. I have been told he turned himself around and started going to church again. Maybe I had some small part in his change for the better? It was definitely a memorable date.

Best Date – Entry R 

(I can't look at that little dog without laughing.)
My recommendation for a great date is Reverse Trick-or-Treating. You go to DI with a 5 dollar limit for each person, and you each buy you something as a costume for the other person.  My date was having a hard time picking something so we walked around and talked a lot, and all the sudden she picked up this really old funky iron and I said, "Iron man!" We bought some candy, and then went around to the people in our ward and to some other houses and gave out candy. It's really a perfect first date to break the ice with a girl and have fun. We actually got invited to a birthday party from one of the houses we went to. They thought we were so cool that they invited us to this BBQ birthday they were having the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment