Saturday, October 2, 2010

Quirky Chemist and Bonfire Birthday

Worst Date – Entry 14
Last year, I was studying in the library and caught this guy staring at me a few times so I tried to ignore him and continue studying for my chem test when suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up, but of course no one was there, so I looked over the other shoulder and it was that guy. He asked, “Hey, what are you doing?” I am really busy and this distraction was a little annoying. Also, I could tell that he must have just had lunch or something because his breath smelled. I told him I was studying Chemistry, to which he offered his assistance.
He introduced himself and I asked, “What are you a Chem major or something?”  He tells me “yeah, I majored in Chemistry.”  I was excited because I needed some serious help and he was friendly if not a little annoying. I asked him if he knew about pi and sigma bonds and he said something like “yeah, I know all about it but I need to get to class so why don’t we meet later. How about you give me your number and we can get together to study.”                 
So that night he calls me and asks when I want to work on chemistry, and I suggest that we get together tomorrow night.  It turns out he lives in the complex right across from mine, so it was more than convenient to just meet at my place. In return for his kind assistance, I offered to make him dinner.
Around 6 o’clock, the door bell rings, my roommate answered the door and called ever so politely, “Katie, the door is for you.”  I go over and here is the guy, in a nice shirt and new jeans, and he has a single red rose.  I thought, “What is this, The Bachelor?” I said, “ Hey there, buddy, come on in,” and he gave me the rose. I was thinking crap, he likes me.
I told him I still had to cook some vegetables and he could wait in the living room.  Of course, he followed me into the kitchen and stands right behind me.  He whispers into my ear, with the same breath he had at lunch, “What are they doing here?”  “You mean my roommates, they live here,” I said out loud. He asked me where we were going to study, and I told him that my roommates were leaving to do their own thing.  Okay, so dinner was pleasant, but as soon as my roomates leave he blurts, “I thought they were going to stay here the whole time!”  I thought it was kind of weird but asked if he was ready to study.
 He raised his eye brows and exclaimed, “oh yeah.” (That was a bad sign!) He proceeded to move across the couch, quite quickly and super close to me, like in-my-face-close.  I looked over at him and said something like “Hey! Scoot over!” Before I could get a word out he kissed me!  I yelped and tried to move away but I was pinned between the couch and him.  I  shrieked, “GROSS!” and pushed him away.  He asked, “What? I thought you liked me?”            
 I said, “yeah, not like that though, this is a study session. I have a test tomorrow!”
 He asked unbelievingly, “What do you mean? What was all that talk in the library about us having chemistry, and you flirting and saying we were going to ‘bond’.”
 I exclaimed, “You’re crazy!  I never said that!” At that point his face revealed that it was dawning on him that I really wanted help with chemistry.  I asked him, “Do you even know chemistry?”
 He said, “No, I’m a social science major. I thought you were flirting.”
 I replied, “No, I really have test.”  Then get this, he said, “So does this mean we are not going to make out?”
 “Yes, that is what it means.”
 Then he says, well do you want to go out this weekend.” 
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I do not, I just want to study for my for my class!” I had already missed office hours! I thought he would get up and leave but he just sat there. 
Then he turns to me, I guess this is what he had been thinking about, and asks, “That roommate, the blond one, can I get her number? Tell her I said she's hot.” I said, "Okay, I'll be sure to tell her." He thanked me and then left. I told her ALL about him!!!  In his mind it was probably the worst date ever, but maybe not, he was quite dense.  And I got a C on the test! Ugh.  

Best Date – Entry N
I was dating this girl and for my birthday she planned a special date for me. Because she knows my favorite type of food is Mexican, she went the day before to pick out a Mexican restaurant with the best ambience in Provo to take me to dinner.  Then, the night of the date we went to dinner and afterwards she gave me her gift with a thoughtful card and a rad watch. Next, she gave me the choice of activities she thought I might like to do and we chose to go bowling at Miracle where love miracles took place. Then we stopped by Starbucks for peppermint hot chocolate on our way up Provo Canyon where she surprised me with a romantic bonfire for two. She had brought s’mores and we spent the remainder of the evening lost in conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment