Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First Date Breakups and Never Too Much Time

Worst Date – Entry 17
I got asked on a date by a guy who was in one of my classes. I was really excited for the date, but as the day got closer I got pretty uneasy. He kept texting me calling me 'babe' and 'honey'. This is just our first date! Come on now! We didn't really have any plans when we scheduled the date, but he said he'd come up with something. I said I'd be good with whatever and he said "Oh ok fine then, let's go to a bar get totally wasted and get you knocked up then waste the rest of our lives. How does that sound?" Hmm... sarcasm. Nice. Well 2 days before the date he texted me at 1 in the morning saying we were going to go to his mission reunion. Let me repeat. First date. I was so groggy I agreed, and so that was that. 

The day of the date I decided to find out details and stuff. He didn't know where I lived. I didn't know what time. He finally gave me a time, about 2 hours before the time selected. Still, he didn't know where I lived. 10 minutes before the time, he texted me to have me meet him about 2 miles from where I live. I didn't have a car, I had to walk there. Fantastic. Once I got there, he had a car. Why didn't he just pick me up?!

We went out to eat then went to the reunion. It started out pretty alright, if not awkward. "Ooooh, is this your girlfriend?" "NO. She's my friend." But by the end of the night it was "Heh, no :wink wink: she's my friend :nudge nudge:" Hey thanks for letting me know buddy. 

After the date he decided to go on a hike in SLC. We're hiking up the mountain and I didn't feel good holding his hand so I just pulled grass out of the ground and tore it apart the whole time. He said he wanted to see the SLC Temple, because it's "our" Temple. I just cringe a little and keep walking. We get up there and I decide the only way to keep him off of me is to talk. A lot. So I just kept talking and talking and talking, tearing apart grass, and he realizes what I'm doing so he tries to take the grass from me. He'd pull it out of my hands. I'd pick more. Pull it out again. I'd pick more. So he grabbed my wrists tight to stop me from picking more grass and starts pulling me in closer to him. WOAH. I tried pulling away, it was obvious, and I was telling him to please not touch me, but hey, it was all just cute flirting meaning "Pull me in tighter please!!!" No. But that's what he heard. I have bruises on my arms from it. Finally, I told him I know karate, I have mace in my purse, and if he doesn't leave me alone I'll scream “rape”. It worked. Normal guys would think that the date was over, but nah. The date went on for about 2 more hours. We're sitting there talking. He said that I'm exactly what he wants in a woman, and he could see us married. (First date, remember?) He asked me what I thought of him and I said he was nice, and we could maybe be friends but I didn't want a relationship. He said that was fine, but he DID want a relationship. Then continued to ask me what we wanted to do for our next date, something fun or romantic? Because apparently just friends go on romantic dates all the time. 

Well, he dropped me off at home at the end of the night after telling me he can't wait to have a wife who would walk around the house in her underwear all day, how he can't wait to be married, how he wants to marry someone exactly like me. Awkward doorstep scene and close.

The next day I felt so weird and icky over the whole thing, and he was texting me all day, so I finally decided to tell him I thought it was best if we'd see other people. He was very upset over it. Asking why I even went on the date with him in the first place. 

And we haven't talked since, though he does stare at me all during class. 
Best Date – Entry Q
When I was at home for the summer after my freshman year, I went on one of my best dates.  My best guy friend was leaving for college and I wasn't going to be able to see him again until at least Thanksgiving or Christmas, so we decided to go on one last date.  We only planned on it lasting an hour (he had to finish packing and I had stuff to do, as well), just to spend some time together and say good-bye.  However, we ended up spending six hours together.  We ate some delicious treats from my job at a bakery, made homemade salsa, watched our favorite TV show together and talked about it, jumped on his trampoline (and he spotted me as I tried a back flip for the first time), and then stargazed on his driveway.  It was so meaningful to me to just sit and talk and spend time with one of my best friends, even though I know there were a million other things he should've/could've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment