Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Interviewing for a Girlfriend & Dragon Dreams

Worst Date – Entry 25
A guy I knew from one of my classes asked me to lunch. He told me to meet him at the Cougareate. I try not to be to assuming, but because it was a date, I assumed we would be ordering lunch at one of the vendors in the Wilk together. However, when I got there, my date pulled out a brown lunch bag, and asked me if I had brought my own lunch. I told him that I hadn’t brought anything, but I could go get something.
I had barely sat down, when my date began an interview session. He had a notepad full of questions. He asked me everything from which sports I prefer, to how many children I want. He was really impressed with me and assured me after several questions that I had answered very well. What made the whole situation even better was that some friends of mine who happened to sit down nearby were witnessing the whole thing, and told me they had when I saw them later.
After an hour, I thankfully had a class to go to. (I will always love my Chemistry class for that sweet surrender.)
The friends who had been sitting close by told me that after I left some of my date’s friends came up to him to congratulate him on his date. Apparently, they had come along purposefully and were witnessing  from a distance as well.
Best Date – Entry Y
I had been dating this girl for a while. When we first began dating I told her how my father would say a common Korean phrase to wish me a good night. In English it is “Dragon Dreams.” It became a tradition for me to bid my girlfriend “Dragon Dreams” when I would drop her off at night.
One day, I took her on an adventure-style-date up Rock Canyon. We went to a cave and read a book together about dragons. After the story, we explored the cave with our flashlights, and in the back of the cave discovered a buried container (which I had previously planted). Inside the container was a beautiful dragon statue that I had bought for her. She loved the token of something so much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment